Followers

Sunday 20 May 2012

Day 20- A difficult time in your life



Im still not ready to talk about the most difficult time in my life so ill talk about another difficult time instead.

6 or 7 years ago my best friends mum became really ill, she had cancer of the bone marrow. We always knew she wasnt going to live much longer, so it was just a case of playing the waiting game (as horrible as that sounds). I know it wasnt a direct family member and im very lucky that I havent experienced anyone that close to me dying, but watching my best friend and her little brother and sister go through it was heartbreaking. She was like a second mum to me, and when she was ill in hospital I would go up and visit her with my friend most days. She was always so brave and so unbelieveably strong. My friend and her siblings didnt get along with their dad, and at the time her mum passed away my friend was only 15, so it had been arranged my mum would foster her until she was old enough to get her own place. The funeral was a day I will never forget, she had so much of her life ahead of her and 3 beautiful young children, life can be so cruel sometimes. I will never forget these memories and these amazing people, even now I dont really see my friend anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. It's great that your mom was willing to step in to help in such a huge way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss and wonderful that your family was there for your friend.

    ReplyDelete